Cart is empty
Did you know that you can freeze cheese?
Yes, you can actually freeze cheese by following these simple instructions.
- Leave cheese in its protective wrap. If you would like some cheese before you freeze it, cut some off and then make sure you wrap it tightly with saran wrap.
- It is good practice to wrap cheese in newspaper or freezer wrap. This will keep the cheese from getting freezer burn.
- Thawing out the cheese?
- Take cheese out of the freezer and let it thaw out in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. This will keep the cheese from crumbling.
Cheese may be frozen for up to 6 months.
Are you traveling long distances with cheese?
Cheese should be kept in a cooler or thermal bag if traveling for more than 2 days.
Will cheese keep during those hot summer days?
Yes, it will, by following these simple instructions.
- Have your cheese double-bagged when traveling for more than 2 days.
- If you have air conditioning, keep your cheese up front where it is cool.
- If you are traveling 3 or more days without air conditiong it is advisable to use an ice chest.
- Do not put cheese in your car trunk. This would be the hottest place.
Thank you for shopping at Heini's Cheese Chalet!